But I've reached a conclusion--most people picture "the domestic goddess" as a 1950s housewife with high heels, a starched apron, and a string of pearls... I'm not that DG.
Nope, I'm an 1850's domestic goddess. Don't believe me? Consider the evidence!
- I have a long braid (or bun) with an abundance of stray hairs. I only wash it once a week, and I never put styling products in it.
- I don't wear makeup, and I shave only very very rarely.
- I'm (almost) always clean, but (almost) never pressed.
- I cook hearty meals, but rarely gourmet. I'm pretty darn good at looking at the nothing in our fridge and making a meal out of it anyway.
- I breastfeed and share a bed with my toddler. I also take that toddler everywhere with me--usually tied to my back
- I want a lot of kids--I love being a mommy, and it definitely takes precedence over having a fancy house (or even a clean one)
- I want chickens, and sheep, and bunnies, and possibly goats, and maybe an alpaca...
- I seem to spend at least half of my life either cooking, washing dishes, doing laundry, or mending something.
- I sew a lot, and I knit and spin too. I use those skills to bring in a little extra money for the family.
- I live in the middle of nowhere
I know, I have internet. I'm greateful for it too...but if I had to pick another time in which to live, well, now you know when it would be. I'm a pioneer.