Sunday, November 30, 2008

Unto us a Child is Born!

For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

This is one of my favorite scriptures, especially at this time of year when I can get away with singing it. ☺

In my book, the Christmas season begins as soon as Thanksgiving is over...never before, but immediately afterwards. So it's Christmas time here, and this blog is celebrating! I'm hoping to have daily posts with reminders of the real Reason we celebrate this season. ☺

5 comments:

Becky said...

My hubby is singing in Handel's Messiah, so even before I got to the part about you singing this scripture, I was humming. :)

And I'm with you, Christmas season is in full swing the day after Thanksgiving.

Quinn said...

I agree with your timing of Christmas. It also ends just at the cusp of new years eve.

I love that Scripture too.

Merry Christmas.

Mae said...

Handel's Messiah has got to be one of my all time favorite works, and not just in the Christmas season.

I'm busy looking for a Messiah Sing Along here.

Speaking of the Real Reason for the season, check out "The Best Christmas Pagaent Ever". It's a quick read (it would probably take you less than an hour to read and I bet W would enjoy it) but really brings the Spirit (in a sneaky way, you don't realize it until you feel good all over).

Jenni said...

Mae, I've read that book a dozen times. The first time was a sunday afternoon in December when I was 12ish, and my dad read it aloud to us all as we laid around on the couch and floor. It always gives me warm fuzzies. :) (And yes, I usually read it in an afternoon...)

Mallory said...

Ah...Christmas! I'm excited for all of your Christmas posts. The holidays make me so happy!

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...