Monday, February 14, 2011

30 Days of Pictures--Day 1

A friend of mine is doing this on facebook right now, and it's been fun to watch what she posts day after day. I'll state right off the bat that I am not going to post one-per-day as the original challenge requests, but just slowly work through the list over the next couple of months, posting one every couple of days (interspersed with my regular posts of course).
Here is the "30 Day Challenge" list. I'll link each one as I post them. I also reserve the right to substitute if I feel like it. I don't know if I will, but I reserve the right to do so!!

Day 01 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest.
Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show.
Day 04 - A picture of your night.
Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory.
Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day.
Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item.
Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh.
Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.
Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most messed up things with.
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate.
Day 12 - A picture of something you love.
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist.
Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without.
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die.
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity.
Day 19 - A picture of you when you were little.
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel.
Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget.
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at.
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book.
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.
Day 25 - A picture of your day.
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of.
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile.
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss.

~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~

So, without further ado:
Day 01 (today) - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
Taken in 2004, at a renn faire...but it's still one of my favorite pictures of me. ☺
  1.  I am a girly girl. My favorite color genuinely is pink (and has been since my tweens). And I have no daughters to share it with.
  2.  "Jennifer" was the #1 name for about ten years running, and I was born right in the middle of it. My baby book says that my parents picked my name because it was "a pretty name for a pretty girl." However, they wanted me to be different from the 2 million other Jennifers born that year, so they named me "Jenni" with an 'i' and no 'fer.' The 2 million other Jennifers (and everyone else) have been misspelling it ever since. 
  3. I was not given a middle name at birth. I legally added one after my wedding when I was changing my name anyway.
  4. I donated blood regularly in college, but I'm not allowed to any more (because my husband lived in England, so we're both at risk for Mad Cow apparently...)
  5. I enjoy discussions--even debates--on almost any topic. I also am fascinated by others' opinions and try to understand them. Once I've heard someone out, I sometimes even change my mind on the issue.
  6. I have never had a professional haircut. Or manicure. Or pedicure. Or any of that salon stuff.
  7. I regularly overthink things. Really overthink them.
  8. I think best by talking through something. My husband knows this, and tunes me out. Sometimes I do my thinking via writing, thus this blog (lucky you!)
  9. I say "bolth" and "salth" instead of both and south. I don't know why. The imprecision of it annoys me actually.
  10. I knit funny. It's not normal knitting. It's also not really continental knitting. It's sortof like combination knitting, only I don't match the videos of that either. I have finally learned to knit well (instead of only purling), but I do it weird. Don't try to learn to knit from me. Also, sorry, but those little knitting help videos don't help me very much either. 
  11. In the past I had professional aspirations as a teacher...a few years ago I began contemplating childbirth education and doulaing. Now I am considering pursuing doing henna professionally. And of course there is always the sewing/knitting...
  12. This spring and summer items of my creation are available for sale at a local yarn shop. What makes this especially cool is that said yarn shop operates out of a yurt. 
  13. I had never been to Alaska when we moved here in 2007. Almost immediately upon arriving I knew this was home. I intend to live the rest (or most of the rest) of my life here. 
  14. I like dangly earrings best.
  15. I am settling into the idea of being a mother of only boys. Who knows what the future holds, but statistically speaking, I might as well adjust.

2 comments:

ashley @ ashley's adventures in alaska said...

You are fabulously fascinating! What a cute idea. Mind if I join you in this? :)

Jenni said...

Ashley--please do! I started scheduling them out just two or sometimes three a week, and they're going to last me well into May. Hey, even if I can't think of anything else interesting to post, I can always do the next photo, right?!

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...