Here is the "30 Day Challenge" list. I'll link each one as I post them. I also reserve the right to substitute if I feel like it. I don't know if I will, but I reserve the right to do so!!
Day 01 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest.
Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show.
Day 04 - A picture of your night.
Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory.
Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day.
Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item.
Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh.
Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.
Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most messed up things with.
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate.
Day 12 - A picture of something you love.
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist.
Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without.
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die.
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity.
Day 19 - A picture of you when you were little.
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel.
Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget.
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at.
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book.
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.
Day 25 - A picture of your day.
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of.
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile.
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss.
So, without further ado:
Day 01 (today) - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
|Taken in 2004, at a renn faire...but it's still one of my favorite pictures of me. ☺|
- I am a girly girl. My favorite color genuinely is pink (and has been since my tweens). And I have no daughters to share it with.
- "Jennifer" was the #1 name for about ten years running, and I was born right in the middle of it. My baby book says that my parents picked my name because it was "a pretty name for a pretty girl." However, they wanted me to be different from the 2 million other Jennifers born that year, so they named me "Jenni" with an 'i' and no 'fer.' The 2 million other Jennifers (and everyone else) have been misspelling it ever since.
- I was not given a middle name at birth. I legally added one after my wedding when I was changing my name anyway.
- I donated blood regularly in college, but I'm not allowed to any more (because my husband lived in England, so we're both at risk for Mad Cow apparently...)
- I enjoy discussions--even debates--on almost any topic. I also am fascinated by others' opinions and try to understand them. Once I've heard someone out, I sometimes even change my mind on the issue.
- I have never had a professional haircut. Or manicure. Or pedicure. Or any of that salon stuff.
- I regularly overthink things. Really overthink them.
- I think best by talking through something. My husband knows this, and tunes me out. Sometimes I do my thinking via writing, thus this blog (lucky you!)
- I say "bolth" and "salth" instead of both and south. I don't know why. The imprecision of it annoys me actually.
- I knit funny. It's not normal knitting. It's also not really continental knitting. It's sortof like combination knitting, only I don't match the videos of that either. I have finally learned to knit well (instead of only purling), but I do it weird. Don't try to learn to knit from me. Also, sorry, but those little knitting help videos don't help me very much either.
- In the past I had professional aspirations as a teacher...a few years ago I began contemplating childbirth education and doulaing. Now I am considering pursuing doing henna professionally. And of course there is always the sewing/knitting...
- This spring and summer items of my creation are available for sale at a local yarn shop. What makes this especially cool is that said yarn shop operates out of a yurt.
- I had never been to Alaska when we moved here in 2007. Almost immediately upon arriving I knew this was home. I intend to live the rest (or most of the rest) of my life here.
- I like dangly earrings best.
- I am settling into the idea of being a mother of only boys. Who knows what the future holds, but statistically speaking, I might as well adjust.