Friday, May 6, 2011

30 Days--Day 15

Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die.

This will take a series of pictures:


I want to take wool "from sheep to sweater," participating in (if not wholly doing) the shearing, cleaning, carding, dying, spinning, and knitting of the sweater. It doesn't actually have to be a sweater, but sweaters are practical. And also, "from sheep to hat" doesn't have the same ring.
I have already learned many of these skills separately, but I very much want to do them all in sequence with the same wool, and literally 'make it from scratch' myself. ☺ You have no idea how giddy the whole idea makes me. (The only thing I can think of that would top it would be if the sheep in question were born on my own farm and raised under my oversight prior to the shearing!)

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I would love to do that also! I'll be right over!
*giggle* should I bring the sheep?
Vicki

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...