Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thanksgiving Challenge

I mentioned before how I had planned to try to post one thing I'm thankful for each day this month, but thanks to being depressed (and a little to forgetting my own idea until several days into the month) I didn't do it.
Join the challenge by writing your own list of things you're thankful for and joining the carnival
Well, I've had another idea--on Thanksgiving I'll be posting a massive list of things I'm thankful for. Right now I have my sights set on the lofty goal of 365 things--one for each day of the year. I haven't started writing the list yet though... I may end up settling with 100 things if I get too overwhelmed....
Anyway, I wanted to issue an official challenge to all my readers to work on lists of their own, so that when I post my list we can all link them together and revel in the gratitude. ☺

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would LOVE to see this get big! On Thanksgiving morning (or the night before) when I post my post, I will include a Mr Linky on it, so that anyone and everyone who joins me can share their links there. So tell your friends, spread the love, and Be Grateful!!

BTW, I will be posting my list in sections--Family, Skills, Home, Faith, Technology, etc so that it's more reader-friendly (it's gonna be a loooong list!)...just a thought for anyone who plans to join me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you would like the button, the script is there in the sidebar! (Thanks a million to this site for teaching me how to make a scriptbox for my button!!!)

4 comments:

Emily said...

Hey, I'm with you! Shall I blog about it? We can maybe create a Thanksgiving blog challenge?

Jenni said...

YES!!! post about it on your blog! Spread the word! That would be awesome! (and also will keep me motivated enough to get that 365 things!!!)

Mallory said...

I like this idea. I, very irregularly, do a Thankful Thursday post. I will try 365 things too! Sounds fun! (LOL, How much time do I have before Thanksgiving to get this list done???)

nicole said...

Love it! What a great idea. For me, the best way to fight off depression is to develop an attitude of gratitude. So instead of focusing on all the negative things in my life, I try to relish in what is going well and it makes a world of difference. That being said, since depression runs in my family, I recognize that if it's chemical imbalance, "positive thinking" doesn't always do the trick! ;) Thanks for your inspiration!

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...