Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bear-isms

(click the image to see other Tiny Talk Tuesdays with Mary at NotBefore7)



Bear is in the stage where he wants me to kiss everything better. One time a couple of weeks ago he came for a kiss and I gave him several (just to make sure). He said I was "kissing it too big" and gave me a dirty look.

Skip ahead a week, and he comes to me to have something else kissed all better...I laid on the required kiss and he stuck the injured part back in my face and said "Kiss it too big mommy, kiss it too big!"

He also likes to pour his own juice--he's become a real juice-aholic lately--and I've discovered that it's because apparently I don't put enough in the cup. Several times now he has told me that I need to "pour it too big."

~~~~~~~~~

You may remember the Twinkle Potato incident of a few weeks ago... well, for about three weeks that was the only song he wanted at bedtime. I told him I didn't know how it went, so he sang it for me.
Twinkle Twinkle Little Potato [giggle]
Swimming in the Doggy Dish
[giggle giggle giggle giggle]

Now every version of "Twinkle twinkle" that he sings involves swimming in the doggy dish. I keep asking myself if I ever sang "twinkle fish" that way, but I can't remember...I probably did, but I don't know!

~~~~~~~~~

Bear has decided to be a potty-user. He's been very self-motivated about this, and within the last couple of weeks has more or less finished the job.
A couple of days ago I was sitting on the bathroom floor next to him as he sat on the toilet, and he explained to me that he had just made "sheen-gun poo" (that's "machine gun poo" for those who don't speak Bearish). Um, he wha?! (I know I didn't teach him about 'sheen-guns, but I guess Wolf did, because Bear says most anything is a sheen-gun. Sticks, legos, tiny crystals of snow...)
So I asked him "why is it sheen-gun poo?" "It's shee- gun poo mommy!" "Well, does Wolf make sheen gun poo?" "No" (as though it were obvious). Mommy? no, Daddy? no!, doggy? No, no, no. Only Bear makes sheen-gun poo. And apparently he always makes it--because he always tells me about it.
Oh well, at least he always makes it in the potty. ☺

8 comments:

Mallory said...

LOL! Oh, I love these. I can't wait until Bug is talking so I can blog about all the funny things he says! :D

Janeen said...

Cute. Natalie always wants "too much" when she asks for things, like juice. "Give me too much!" she tells me. Kids, gotta love 'em.

Kelly said...

ROFL! Machine Gun Poo - I must admit I've never heard that one before! :D

tiki_lady said...

oh my gosh, this was too funny i loved this post!

nicole said...

Funny! Love it. By the way, I nominated you for an award on my blog. :)

Stacie said...

Precious!!
Found your blog from I Am Harriet.

I really enjoyed my visit - I'll be back!

Mona said...

Too wonderful!!!!!

Treasure this age....I know I know....there are times....

Love,
Mona

Mary@notbefore7 said...

LOL - these are so cute!

Love all the versions of Twinkle Twinkle!

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...