Monday, March 30, 2009

Equasions of Travel

Exhibit A:
Mt Redoubt (near Anchorage, but over 800 miles from me) decides to blow some ash around this week.

Exhibit B:
The route which was (for some reason) on Hubby's itinerary for coming home from his 12-day European trip with his students. (They begin in Rome [A] and then fly to Atlanta [B] and then Salt Lake City [C]...so far so good...but then the route sends them 800 miles out of their way to Anchorage [D] before bringing them back down to Juneau [E].)

If A, then C
C = the Anchorage airport being closed
C + B = why Hubby got stuck in Salt Lake on Saturday night, and why he did not get home to me on Sunday morning as planned
C = why every flight to Juneau is booked for the next four days, and why Hubby is still stuck in Salt Lake City.
#$^&*(&^%$#$R%^$ = My thoughts about the fact that, even though he left on March 17, I still don't get to see my husband until April 2nd (at best) and maybe April 3rd (depending on when they can catch the seaplane).

*deep breaths*

The only silver lining of which I am aware is that while down there Hubby will (hopefully) be able to pick up my maternity clothing, which will mean that my mother-in-law won't have to go spelunking through our stuff to get them out and mail them up to me. I tried to pack them on top, but another row of boxes ended up in front of them, and I hate to ask her to dig them out if I don't have to.

8 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Hope your hubby makes it home safe :)
And I hope your morning sickness goes away soon!

Jennifer said...

Aww, I hate being apart! I pray for his safe and quick return!

Destiny said...

I couldn't imagine being solo for that long, especially while pregnant. Hopefully he gets home soon.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Ugh - I hope he makes it hope soon! That has to be sooo frustrating! *hugs*

Cynthia said...

I hope he gets home to you quickly. At least he isn't stuck someplace scarier than SLC (my hometown!) Does this mean he gets an unexpected visit with family in SLC? If so, well, there is a bit of a silver lining there.

Pamela Baker said...

Hold on another day or two LilBee!
Hubby should be home - what a travel itinerary just to make it back home - after he rests up - you can put him back to work and you can rest.
Hope the morning sickness starts to subside soon! Eat lots of crackers.

uniquecommodities said...

I hope your hubby makes it home soon!

tiki_lady said...

i hate being apart from my beloved too! I hope he makes it home really soon.

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...