Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I feel lousy this afternoon. And a little bit nauseous.
Yay!!!
With the pregnancies where I knew my exact date of ovulation, I always got sick at 5 weeks to the day, so if that is true of this pregnancy as well, then I was one day off in my guess of my ovulation day. (It's a little hard to be 100% sure on those things when you have a night-nursing toddler plus post-miscarriage hormones throwing off your charts.)
So let's go with this:
pregnant
"The changes to your growing embryo are not quite as drastic this week as they've been in the last few weeks. Growth is now largely focused on their little head, which is starting to develop much more rapidly than the rest of their tiny body. This is because their amazing brain is undergoing some very crucial and rapid development in order to effectively regulate their heart rate, blood circulation, and other vital functions. As for the rest of their miniature body, what were simple limb buds last week are limb flippers this week and the tail is more expressed. Amazingly, within a mere five weeks your little miracle is already developing the rudimentary forms of their liver, pancreas, lungs, stomach and nasal pits while their little heart is already increasing its circulation. Your baby is now a whopping 4-6mm in length."

Ladies and gentlemen, my little one is only as big as a grain of rice, but he/she has a heartbeat. That just blows my mind. ☺

9 comments:

The Happy Housewife said...

Wow, I am impressed you know the day of your ovulation! With this pregnancy I didn't realize I was prego until I was 9 weeks along!
Toni
http://thehappyhousewife.com

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

Congrats!

Kelly said...

Oh wow - it IS truly amazing! I'm so happy for you and your family! God is Good!

Mallory said...

Oh, I am so happy for you! I had an awesome, vivid dream last night about having a baby. I can't wait to be pregnant again!

RasJane said...

I am so amazed at how fast they grow. I just can't imagine how all those critical systems develop so fast and in such a teeeny little body. Just unfathomable!
Yay for hormones working!!

E and G said...

Congratulations! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Congratulations...

Mary@notbefore7 said...

YIPPEE - congrats! Isn't it amazing at each and every little stage.

Miche said...

Love it :) And HUGE congrats!!!

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...