Saturday, March 15, 2008

Get Fit!

The President's Challenge starts on March 20 (next week). Alaska's governer has encouraged all Alaskans to participate, and I'm doing it, and encourage all my readers to do it as well! To participate in the program, each adult commits to 30 min of activity, 5 days a week, for 6 weeks. (Children under 18 commit to 60 min of activity, and adults who are already active can commit to higher levels if they choose.) You can go here to sign up and track your progress! This program is in the USA, but the website is set up so that people from any country can use it to track their fitness.
Once you've signed up, join the group I made: "Getting off my duff" #69184, password "brightonwoman" Then we can see what everyone else is doing (I promise, all I really do is walk the dog!) and we can encourage and harrass each other as applicable!
C'mon, I did it! I'm getting out there at least an hour a day (usually more) and walking with my doggie. It doesn't have to be a hard thing, but you know you should get off your duff and get moving, so here ya go! I'm giving you your own personal nudge in the right direction!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

March 20 is also wear a sweater day. In memory of Mr. Rogers. Just thought I'd share.

Mae said...

And that's why I need and want a dog SOOO bad!

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...