Thursday, July 24, 2008

Talents and Skills

What do you consider your talents to be?
I definitely have a knack with hair--I've always had mine pretty long, and I've been able to do lots of interesting things with it.
I think I have a gift with sewing and design--I am able to look at a pattern and a bolt of fabric and visualize what it will look like when it's all sewn up. I am able to make alterations and 'frankenpatterns' by combining the elements from multiple patterns to create what I want.
I have a good singing voice, although it hasn't been used to its potential in some time.
I am a good dancer (with a preference for ballroom) but again, I haven't done much with that since college. I do miss dancing a lot.

What do you think is your biggest weakness?
I'm hyper-critical--both of myself and of others. I usually keep my mouth shut about the other people, but my perfectionism about myself can get ugly.

What do you think is your greatest strength?
I'm very loyal to the people I love. I also have a lot of faith and optimism--I get down sometimes but even then I usually seem to be able to see the bigger picture and all that.

If you could learn any one skill right this very instant, what would it be?
Uhhhhh....teleportation?!
Really, if I want to learn something, I usually just get to work and learn it. I sew, knit, quilt, do hair, cook, bake pies, decorate cakes, can fruit, dance, sing, read music, play with kids, type really fast, act in plays, write stuff that isn't too dull... Off the top of my head, I can only think of one thing I kinda want to learn better, and that's piano. I know the how of it, I just haven't put the time into it to get very good. I'm a slow one-finger-player.

No comments:

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...