Friday, December 18, 2009

Facebook Friday

Saturday 12/12
Jenni has a houseful of sickies :(


Sunday 12/13
... got the tree up and decorated and put a few presents under it... Bear immediately wanted to open one. He's young enough that he didn't remember the difference between "Christmas time" and "Christmas Day" and he was pretty disappointed. Oh well, I guess it's good we got the tree late this year--even Wolf says now that now it's up he can't wait.


Monday 12/14
... has to frog almost half of the body of a sweater because the stranding pulled too tight. So much for being able to give Wolf the sweater for Christmas :( I can't even look at it right now...I gotta go a sleeve or two before I can think about that body again.

The word is that as of today, Facebook will automatically index all your info on Google, which allows everyone to view it. To change this option, go to Settings --> Privacy Settings --> Search --> then UN-CLICK the box that says 'Allow indexing'. Facebook kept this one quiet. (I went to do it and mine was not checked,... but some of my friends' have been, so it's worth taking a second to make sure!!)


Tuesday 12/15
...has dealt with altogether too much snot in the last few days


Wednesday 12/16
...was letting the toddler play with my biggest DPNs (metal 7s) while I knitted last night, and now I need them and can't find 2 of the 5. I have a sneaking suspicion they may be in the Christmas tree...


Thursday 12/17
...needs more hours in the day...or at least, more hours in which children are sleeping and/or no one is screaming

Further notice of changes for Facebook: If you don't know, as of today, Facebook will automatically start plunging the Earth into the Sun. To change this option, go to Settings --> Planetary Settings --> Trajectory then UN-CLICK the box that says 'Apocalypse.' Facebook kept this one quiet. Copy and paste onto your status for all to see.
KS--I tried that and got an error message reading "Resistance is futile."


...has the coolest midwife
She has a headlamp that she uses at births (so mama can have the lights off but midwife can still see). When she got hers out Wolf got his out, so Bear wanted one too and borrowed daddy's...fastforward a couple of weeks and we can't find daddy's headlamp anywhere. We finally hit on the idea that it might have ended up in midwife's birth stuff...
It took me several days to remember to call her, and when I did I just got the voicemail so I left a message. A couple of days later I had an appointment with her but we both forgot about the headlamp. A couple of days ago I called her again--another message. I knew she was heading out of town for the holidays and thought maybe I'd missed her. Tonight she called me back--FROM VACATION!!--yep, the headlamp was in her bag, she found it at a birth which was literally hours before she left on her trip, BUT she took the time to take the headlamp to her office so I can pick it up even though she's gone for three weeks.
See, she's cool. :)


Friday 12/18
...loves the way all the snow looks

...knows too many people with birthdays today, therefore nobody will get a personalized "happy birthday" and everyone will have to be content with a general shoutout.

...SO MANY URGENT FACEBOOK UPDATES!! Starting today, Facebook will be sending out Stormtroopers to do a search for two stolen droids. To ensure they do not expose your properties, go to Settings -> Jedi Mind Tricks. Select the box labeled "These are not the droids you are looking for." Copy this to your status and warn your friends!

No comments:

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...