Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Nov and Dec F(inished) O(bject)s


Christmas Gifts
  • Refinished a nightstand for Hubby (took it from a garish yellow to a cozy foresty green and brown)
  • Fleece hoodie for Wolf (I haven't gotten a photo yet because he rarely takes it off! I used this pattern)
  • Knitted woolies for Eagle  
  • 2 pairs of fleece pants for Bear (he doesn't like jeans, just soft pants)
  • Bear's pants--the candy canes
    were this year's jammies
  • 4 pairs of jammie pants (Hubby, Wolf, Bear, and Eagle)
  • A bunch of fabric gift bags (like 10? I didn't count)





Other Stuff
  • Christmas Advent Chain
  • Advent Nativity velcro playset (I only got a few of the people/angels/stars sewn...I guess I'll have to do the rest next year!)
  • Refurbished some jeans for Wolf--a year ago we had bought two identical pairs, and he had completely busted through the knees of both (both knees on both pairs had been patched at least once). So, I cut out the knee section of each leg, then cut the bottom hem off the lower leg portions of one pair, and sewed it into the middle of the legs of the other pair. Now he has one pair of pants that is long enough, free from holes or patches, and the extra seams just give it a 'cargo pants' look. Not so weird after all. And he has 'new' jeans that didn't cost me anything but a half hour of time!

I'm also working on a quiet book for Eagle--that was the original plan for his Christmas present, but I didn't get it done. Luckily, the woolies were close enough that I was able to finish them instead.


Plus, being a season full of gatherings and feast days, I did a lot of cooking! (yes, these links go to my cooking blog where there are mouthwatering pictures. Don't say I didn't warn you!)  Peppermint pie, eggnog pie, fruit braids, cardamom bread, sugar cookies, gingerbread men, thumbprint cookies, cardamom meringues, plus of course the actual dinners, ham, turkey, meatloaf, etc...

No comments:

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...