Friday, April 9, 2010

Update

Our computer has crashed. As in really, fully, completely, crashed. There is no resurrection for it this time.
So we ordered a new one, which theoretically will be shipped to us on the 16th, and may arrive anywhere between the 19th and July...that's how it is when you live in Alaska.
Meanwhile I have no computer, and my posting will be sporadic at best. I may get on this weekend and schedule a couple of posts, because there are several swirling around in my head just desperate to be written...but in the meantime being without a computer means I have a cleaner-than-usual house, nice dinners every day, I've read two books in the last week, I'm sewing, and I'm exercising. These are all good things, so while I admit to missing my computer, I figure it's probably healthy to be without it for a little while.

2 comments:

nicole said...

That's a good perspective. I've made a personal commitment recently to only use the computer when my children are sleeping. It still gives me time during naps and bedtime... so I get everything done that I need to. It just gives me a limit, so I don't get sucked into it so much! (We don't have TV, so the computer is my major time stealer.) I just feel that my kids will only be little for a short period of time, and I want to maximize this special time with them. We'll miss you! But I hope you enjoy your time without the computer for a while!

Brandi M said...

I hope you get it soon. I guess having to wait for things teaches you patience... and lets you get other things done. I wish my hubby's computer would "break" for a few days so he wasn't on it so much (even though he does do some worth while stuff on it).

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...