Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's Dinner

Cake!!

and asparagus ☺

(yes, we eat our vegetables here...we actually had to stop Wolf when he was on his third helping of the asparagus or we wouldn't have gotten much!)

Oh, did I mention that the cake was meatloaf with mashed potato 'frosting'? Oh yeah. Bear was initially disappointed that it was not chocolate frosting, but I told him it was a special meat cake and he was ok with it--so long as I let him eat the part with "da eyes and da mouse."

5 comments:

E and G said...

Very cool! There was an episode of "Dinner Impossible" on the Food Network where the chef had to make food that looked like one thing, but tasted like/was something else. I don't think my hubby would mind a "meat cake" either.

Suzanne W. said...

I love that! It would be a wonderful way to get a picky eater to try something new. (Glad my kids will eat anything that isn't nailed down!)
Your creativity never ceases to amaze me. :)

Katrina said...

Good idea and very cute!

* said...

Oh, I love this. You are inspirational!

This year we totally did nothing for April Fools and now I'm bummed. I guess there's always next year...

Happy Easter!!

Brandi M said...

that's great! I love it!

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...