- I don't eat my placenta--if I hemmorhage I'll take pitocin or something, thank-you-very-much--there is a time and a place for interventions!
- I do cut the umbillical cord (rather than carrying the placenta around in a bowl with the baby until the cord falls off naturally). (Seriously, does anybody else think that lotus birth is pretty strange?!)
- I think planned Unassisted Childbirth is questionable and in some cases a really bad idea, for the same reason that they don't let surgeons operate on family members (the family is 'too close' to the situation and if something should go wrong it's better to have someone who is not as emotionally involved).
- I ♥ root beer.
- I also enjoy white flour, white sugar, and chocolate.
- I use normal cheap shampoo and conditioner (until I learn to make my own at least).
- I take sudafed if I'm that stuffed up. It's worth being able to sleep.
- I give my kids (of all ages) ibuprofin or acetamenafen if they have a fever that's keeping them awake. Sure, fevers are part of the immune system's natural fighting process, but so is sleep, and I'd like my sleep too, so at night I have no qualms about drugging them.
- I wean my kids when I want to, not necessarily when they want to. Sure, I believe in nursing for two-ish years, but Bear wasn't wanting to wean and I insisted anyway.
- It didn't work out with Bear, but I have every intention of getting Eagle into his own bed (out of mine) around a year old.
- Eagle loves his binkie.
- I let my kids watch movies and play video games. Almost every day.
- I don't like dredlocks. I know they're supposed to be the most natural thing you can do with your hair, but I really really don't like them and would never do them. Long hair, yes; but I'll take the time to comb it every day thanks.
- I like wool, but if I'm knitting sweaters it's gonna be (chemically-treated) washable wool. No sense spending that many hours making something I can't put in the washing machine!!!
- I love, I mean REALLY love milkshakes. I like the eggnog and the blackberry and the chocolate oreo...and I really really like the uber-fake strawberry ones.
- I also like french fries. With a LOT of salt.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
My "Soggy" Side
After that last post about my crunchy side, I thought you might want to hear about some 'crunchy' stuff I don't do...
Talkin' about me