Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The In and Out Baby song

[for those who remember the in and out cat song from Garrison Keillor...)

This morning mommy had the strange idea that she'd like to get a little sewing done...so with S nursed and changed and sleeping peacefully, I put him in the swing right there next to me in the sewing room...
A few minutes later S awoke and began screaming.
I got him out, and he promptly fell right off to sleep in my arms.
I put him back in the swing.
Wake up, scream...
Cuddle right to sleep...
Back in swing...
Slide down and tilt over so that head is at an awfully uncomfortable looking angle...sleep peacefully for nearly 15 min this time!
Then wake up, make some loud pooping, and scream like it's the end of the world...
Cuddle with mom, nurse, get a new diaper, go back to sleep...
Make many happy cooing and grunting noises while nursing and sleeping on mom...

Mom gave up on sewing and is now typing with a peacefully sleeping baby across her lap. Why fight it. There's no point. :-)
Thank heaven for wraps and slings, right?! At least I can still cook, even if I can't sew. :-)

No comments:

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...