Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving Week 6--Taikuu

So I missed a couple of weeks, but I'll catch them up.☺

 Taikuu ("tay-koo") is the Inupaq word for thanks. It is pretty standard usage up here. I even see it on otherwise-English signs in businesses and such. I like it. I think it's pretty, and also I have a geekish fascination with words that have a double-u.

  1. I'm thankful for the gift of literacy, and for all the doors it opens.
  2. I'm thankful for the gift of writing, for the fulfillment it brings, for the things I am able to accomplish with it.
  3. I'm thankful for the gift of travel, and for many places I have been able to go in the world at various points in my life.
  4. I'm thankful for teamwork, and for the fantastic people I work with at The Amethyst Network and other organizations I am part of.
  5. I'm so SO thankful for the technology of the internet. That I can communicate with people from around the world, even in real time. I'm thrilled to be able to have video chats with multiple family members at the same time, so we can have a monthly sisters' book club even though we are spread across 4 states and 4 time zones, and so that I can see my grandparents on thanksgiving even though they are 3000 miles away
  6. I'm thankful for my family far away. For the phone calls and emails and letters and texts.
  7. I'm thankful for my family right here. For the hugs and cuddles and "Honey I'll make dinner tonight"s and "Mommy I'm happy"s. I sure love my crazy boys.

No comments:

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...