Monday, August 24, 2009

Truth is Stranger than Fiction

I may have mentioned how we didn't have a couch...we went to a great deal of trouble making arrangements to be able to get one. There was no where in town to get one, and we had difficulty finding one elsewhere that was not ridiculously expensive. Once we finally located one we could afford, the store did not deliver down to our city (80 miles away), and our van was not large enough to bring it down ourselves. We finally were able to make arrangements with a third party to bring us our couch, and we were only able to arrange that because he was already bringing down our mattress box spring, and we were paying him for it all.
So, skip to today...after a week and a half of waiting the day finally arrives when our couch will arrive! It's a small sectional (cheaper than a sofa/love combo), and of course comes in two pieces. Each portion is wrapped, but our delivery man and his son unwrapped the first and lugged it up the stairs, and then went back for the other half. I was standing in the living room looking at the half sitting there, and then I glanced down at the remaining half which was now being unwrapped on the trailer. I looked back and forth several times then ran out the door and told him to wait a minute before bringing it up, because, well, this is why:
Do you see what I see? Yeah, they sent us two right halves and no left half of the couch. I called the store (that doesn't deliver to my town), told them who I was and where I was from, then informed them of the mistake and asked what they intended to do to fix it. I thankfully was already speaking to the manager, and he hemmed and hawed for a few minutes and then told me that he'll bring me the proper piece on Friday and swap it out with the wrong one.
And they don't deliver to our city. Ha. I betcha he's wishing now that he'd just done it himself!!
In the meantime, we are only sitting on one half of the couch, and I've covered the other half (the half that's going back) so that nobody will sit on it and it can't possibly get damaged during it's 5 days in our house.
And we shall see if they make it down on Friday. They had better, or they will be getting a phone call from a very irate and hormonal pregnant woman who wants a whole couch to sit on darnit!!!

9 comments:

Mae said...

I love it when silly things like this happen.

When I moved to Seattle, my roommate and I didn't have any couch, just my old recliner. So when we watched movies together, we would take turns sitting on the chair or the floor. It was hilarious! It felt very seperatistic. (Is that a word? Well, it works for my purpose...)

Carolyn said...

Oh no! I can't believe it! Now that they're going to deliver you the right piece, it's pretty funny, especially after all you went through to get the darned thing to begin with! But I hope they're quick about it!

Christa said...

haha! I'm also jealous of the stacked washer and dryer in the background! We have front loads but we don't even have pedestals for them, and being pregnant it takes a lot of leaning over and strain on my back to get them in there!

Mallory said...

That is hilarious. Frustrating. But hilarious!

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh, Jenni! While that really stinks, it is quite funny. I hope that the guy comes through for you for HIS sake.

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!!! Im glad they are sorting it for you.

Katrina said...

Crazy, crazy!

Kelly said...

Wow! That's just ... crazy!!!! I really hope they get you the right half on Friday!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Wow, that's a pain in the butt, but at least its a funny one! Hope you got a laugh out of it!

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...