Thursday, April 16, 2009

Update on Life

Tonight Hubby is on a plane to Anchorage to go to a teaching job fair there this weekend. He has turned in his official letter of resignation here in Pelican, and we intend to leave this town on the ferry a week after school lets out at the end of May...but we don't know yet where we'll go from there. We have been hoping and praying for a job in the Anchorage or Kenai area, and would appreciate your prayers on our behalf.
We know that we cannot stay here another year--I can't have a baby here, Wolf's school situation is not good, Wolf and I are both battling depression and loneliness, there are no opportunities for our family here (music lessons, sports, cub scouts, playgroups, oh yeah, and church!) With that said, it is unsettling to know that we are leaving but not yet know where we are going to. We have been told by several school districts as well as teachers up there that there are lots of jobs to be had, and that one just needs to show up to the job fair. We know that Hubby is well qualified--being certified in both math and English and with experience in all subjects and grades 6-12. Now we just need someone to offer him a contract. We dare not go to another tiny rural town like this one--it would have all the same problems that we are having here. We have even considered moving back south but we really love Alaska and feel like this is home. So we're just asking for your prayers (wishes, good karma, lucky chants, spells of employment, whatever you do!) that his efforts this weekend will produce at least one job offer that we can accept.
I will keep you posted of course...but in the meantime I'm doing the single parent thing (again) for a few days, and between that and the morning sickness I don't tend to post much. The one thing I have been trying to do is post lots of new stuff over in my etsy shop, and that's been going pretty well! I don't want to move piles of fabric if I don't have to, so I'm trying to get a lot of stuff sewn up (and hopefuly sold!) over the coming weeks. I've sold some of my fabric yardage to fellow diaper sewers, and have been running sales in my shops which of course always helps to keep things moving through. Check it out!

Oh yes, and on the pregnancy front:
10 weeks along; I feel fat--I do actually have a developing pooch but most people probably don't notice it; last weekend I had two days where I didn't feel very sick and I wasn't sure whether I should be thrilled or terrified (feeling better has often come right before miscarriage for me, and with Bear I didn't get to feeling better until week 15)...so I took my last pregnancy test to calm my nerves. Very very pregnant (and I feel sick again too).

16 comments:

Jessica said...

The advice we were given is that the best way to get a job or a raise is to have another baby. It was true for us: After being out of work for six months we were blessed with a "surprise" pregnancy and within two weeks hubby had a job!
You guys are ahead of the game, so I have faith that the right job will come your way very soon!

Carrie said...

I feel your pain (aside from the moving during pregnancy part). It is such a leap of faith to resign without a job in the wings, however I know that Heavenly Father rewards those who put their faith in Him and do their utmost. I will send prayers your way, will you send some in my general direction?

Janeen said...

We've been down this road only in a different aspect. DH, at this point, cannot teach in the US because he has no teacher's certification and he got his degree in German. *sigh* SO...partly because he's into languages and other cultures and traveling and partly because the money is pretty decent, he started looking into jobs in South Korea again, ESL jobs. That has been an interesting experience in and of itself and at the moment, we're ALL in South Korea, Ilsan to be exact and right now, since we um didn't behave during a potentially fertile time and I wasn't back on track with temping/checking mucous, we're now waiting to see if we're expecting. DH is like "nah, you're not." Then I remind him that our daughter was likely conceived the same day of the cycle we didn't behave. SO...we'll have to see what happens but that would definitely make things interesting considering neither of us really speak the language, I had a cesarean last time, and this time I want a home birth with a midwife because I will NOT go through what I went through again with my daughter. Add to that that we would have to get our child a passport if I have him/her here and lots of other interesting things to figure out and it's enough to make my head spin and I have at least another 12 days before I can even think to consider myself late.

Should be interesting...

Mae said...

It's always tough to take that leap of faith when we know the Lord wants us to move (metaphorically, not always physically, although in your case it's both) so we have to get the ball rolling before we know where to roll it to!

I totally understand your location depression. Sadly, Seattle was very much this for me. I loved that place in many ways, but this is definitely where I'm supposed to be.

I'll keep prayers and mojo heading your way for many things...you, Wolf, job search, Wild thing #3, and might as well include Bear in there so he doesn't get the shaft...

Mallory said...

I hope that everything works out smoothly for you and your family. I'm sure you will be blessed!

Jennifer said...

I'll be praying he gets an offer. I know it's not easy these days.

Cynthia said...

I hope it all works out perfectly AND quickly! I could never live in Alaska, I am so impressed that you guys can.

My cousin is presently in Anchorage recovering from a terrible car accident in Fairbanks. He's almost to the final stages of healing after spending several weeks in a coma. The Church in Anchorage has been so good to the family during this time. I can see why you'd want to be closer in that fold. They don't even know my cousin and his family yet have extended a hand to help them during this huge trial.

Glad the pregnancy is going well.

Becky said...

Good vibes, crossed fingers, prayers - I'm on it! I am sure that the job fair will go well.

Destiny said...

Good luck with the job search. I'm sure you'll end up somewhere nice. And good luck with the pregnancy, too. Hopefully, you'll feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK! I'm sending you well-wishes and good thoughts from the Kitsap Peninsula.

-Leah

Memories for Life said...

I wish you and your hubby all the best in his job hunt :)
Glad the pregnancy is going well and everything is on track :)

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I hope your hubby is able to find a new job! My prayers are with you. I know how stressful it can be to have everything up in the air! And I'm glad to hear the pregnancy is going well right now :)

uniquecommodities said...

You are in my prayers and no doubt God has already worked it out for you! Let us know how it goes! Glad your pregnancy is going well! ;)

TiLT said...

Wishing you the best on both the the job front & baby avenue. I understand the worry that comes with the suddenly feeling better - just think positive happy thoughts..it can never hurt :)

Jennifer said...

I love your updates! I must say you are one blog that is a MUST READ all the time for me! I'm not sure exactly why but your life is SO intriguing for me!!

I'm so excited about your pregnancy, 10 weeks! Wow, it's flying by!

I bet you are so excited/nervous to move! I'll keep you and your family in our prayers! I know everything will work out!! :)

Anonymous said...

Mommy Bee, huge CONGRATS!

I know Papa Bee will get a great job!

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...