Thursday, June 5, 2008

QT--Cold Feet

I always have cold feet. No, not the wimping-out kind you dork, the my-feet-have-the-shivers kind of cold feet. The I-need-wool-socks kind of cold feet. Even when the rest of me is warm, I get cold feet.
OK, that's not totally true. I also get cold hands, cold nose, and a cold, um, tooshie. Yeah. All the parts of me that stick out get cold.
Anyway, so my feet are cold a lot. One of my friends, knowing this, asked why on earth I would want to move to Alaska. Well, it's simple really, being too cold is better than being too hot.
After all, you can always put on another layer, but there is a point at which you simply cannot take anything else off.
And I'll take cold feet over a sunburn any day!

4 comments:

Becky N. said...

Oh my goodness, me too! In fact, it's almost 80 degrees inside my house right now, and my feet are *still* cold! (And what's up with the cold tush and hips? DH always laughs about that.)

saskia said...

put some cayenne pepper on them

Anonymous said...

oh I always have cold feet... it could be 100 degrees and my feet would still be cold!
But I HATE the cold.. give me hot hot hot any time... but then we Aussies never heat our houses half as well as you northern hemisphere people do!

Elissa J. Hoole said...

Another mama with cold feet here, too! And I totally hate being hot. I thought northern MN was far enough north, but we've always wanted to spend some time in Alaska, and with this dang climate change...

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...