Tuesday, January 27, 2009

WFMW--pancakes and waffles anyday

I love waffles, and my Hubby loves pancakes. It's the same batter really, so I'll often just mix up one batter and then cook some of each.

Of course, the best pancakes and waffles are made from scratch, and mixing up a batch takes a few minutes...a few minutes that can be hard to find on a weekday morning when everyone is hurrying around trying to get ready to leave for school and...school (Hubby is a teacher, so everybody goes to school here!)
So here is my secret for from-scratch pancakes/waffles in a hurry: make a big batch of batter, then put it in a jar (or pitcher) in the fridge. It keeps well for a week or so, and when you want breakfast just pour t straight onto the hot griddle/waffle iron and voila, healthy, wholesome, yummy, from-scratch breakfast in a hurry, on any day of the week!
Click the icon above to see other WFMW posts.


By the way, I'm holding a giveaway right now as part of One World ♥ One Heart, so if you're interested in winning free stuff, go check it out!

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'm trying to find the perfect wheat-free pancake right now. We have pancakes several times a week! Right now one that we really like involves both cooked oatmeal and oat flour. I'm so jealous of those of you who can just whip up a batch of whole wheat pancakes! Last time we had that, DH had a violent allergic reaction.

Jenni said...

No matter the recipe, I think you could still mix up a big batch (I usually double or triple) and then keep it in the fridge...

and I'm naughty--I only do whole wheat sometimes. ;)
Actually my favorite waffle recipe has oatmeal in it, and I regularly take any leftover hot cereal (cream of wheat, cracked wheat, oatmeal, etc) and stick it in the batter. It's nummy, and so much more filling. :)

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Very useful tip! My daughter wants pancakes EVERY morning, but I'm usually not up to it. This would make us both happy!

Becky said...

Our favorite waffles recipe has whole wheat, oats, and wheat germ. Whenever we make them, we feel very healthy. :)

Adam likes to do a quadruple batch, cook it all, and freeze them. The only problem is finding the time every three weeks or so to cook eight billion waffles.

Roblynn said...

Do you have your recipe for your batter posted somewhere? My daughter was asking the other day for my recipe for ww pancakes and I could not remember it. I don't make them here in Costa Rica because maple syrup is $28.00 per pint and I can't eat anything else, too spoiled. Thanks.

Miche said...

I'm glad you liked my post-feel free to link :) We can stop FOCA! :)

Anonymous said...

Great tip! I always make a few batches of mix when I make pancakes and I store some dry mix in a jar in the pantry. It gives me the convenience of store bought pancake mix without the yucky stuff. When Im ready to use it I just mix in a little vanilla and milk and its ready to go.

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...