Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Oh My!

Bear (just turned 2) was playing behind me as I wrote that last post. He is not wearing pants but I have not worried about that because he's been very independent in his toilet-usage lately. But just now, as he was behind the curtains looking out the sliding-glass door, I heard a little noise...I thought hoped that it was just an upturned sippy cup. Then Bear pulled aside the curtain, grinned, and announced "I make peepee!"
Aww gee.
So I sat down with him and reviewed what are good places to make peepee--in the toilet and in the potty. "We do not make peepee on windows," I said. He looked at me very seriously. "No peepee door," he agreed, pointing.
Yes, we do not make peepee on windows or doors.
Geeze!


(oh yeah, you can go see more TinyTalkTuesdays here!)

5 comments:

nicole said...

Funny! Charity is learning to "make peepee" in the potty too, so I totally understand what you're going through! Good luck!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

OH MY...LOL!

Happy TTT! Enjoy scrubbing the glass door :)

Becky N. said...

HA!
I hate to be cynical, but my experience so far with potty training + boy is that while they may be able to verbally explain where is okay to pee, and where is not, it takes a looooooooooooong time before they can actually follow through with the concept physically.

I've heard that terrible "I hope it's just a cup of water" sound far more times than I'd ever like to count.

I honestly hope your luck is better than mine. But if not, you've been warned! ;)

Becky said...

Oh, dear! I could make a veeery long list of places Riley peed during the whole toilet-training fiasco. We eventually just threw in the towel (no pun intended) for three months and started over. It went much better the second time.

Mom2fur said...

When my oldest was little, the big lesson was not where it was appropriate to 'tinkle,' but what was okay to throw in the potty--and that didn't include his teddy bear!

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...